The Great Start Readiness Program at Detroit Leadership Academy is a high-quality preschool program for four year-old children. Our philosophy is to provide every preschooler with the best educational opportunities through child-centered, hands-on curriculum set in a rich learning environment which is created through our families, community and professional staff.
We believe that young children learn to the best of their ability when given:
- A safe, healthy, nurturing environment
- Development of strong teacher-child relationships in combination with strong family- teacher relationships in which all are valued
- Many opportunities for play and learning through play experiences
- Families are involved and we work together to help your child
- The activities are geared toward your child’s current skills
Decisions are made from a child-centered focus which includes looking at the early childhood standards of quality preschool, the curriculum, assessment information, feedback from parents and the diverse social, economic, cultural and family needs that exist within the classroom.